This web page is about the OSA player points system and provides links to the end-of-season Player Points for Amateurs and Experts:
* NOTE-1 Because there were no points changes during 2020 and 2021 (No tournaments played due to COVID-19), there will be no 2020 or 2021 EXPERT or AMAATEUR POINTS lists published.
* NOTE-2. We note with sadness that the following players in the EXPERT POINTS list have passed on: Jim Norton, Basil Fick, Evelyn Leckie. These players’ names will be removed when the list is next published.
About Player Points
The OSA maintains point standings for players finishing in 5th-position or better, in OSA-sanctioned tournaments as follows:
Points for Amateurs playing in an AMATEUR or OPEN Tournament:
– Main: 1st or 2nd – 1 point; 3rd or 4th – 1/2 point.
– Consolation 1st (5th overall) – 1/2 point.
An Amateur becomes an Expert after accumulating five points as above from various tournaments. (To see the current Amateur Points, click that link above.)
Points for Experts playing in an OPEN Tournament:
– Main: 1st – 4 pts; 2nd – 3 pts; 3rd – 2 pts; 4th – 1 pt;
– Consolation: 1st (5th overall) – 1 pt.
An Expert becomes eligible for the OSA Hall Of Fame after reaching thirty five points. (For the current Expert Points, click that link above.)