While Woodstock is not actually a shuffleboard club, it is traditionally where we hold one of our tournaments each year. There is a great facility there at the Fairgrounds, which is made available to us thanks to the marvellous generosity of Henry and Leny Van Dorp.
WOODSTOCK O.S.A. ANY DOUBLES Tournament
Woodstock Fairgrounds, – 851 Nellis St., just off Hwy. #2 (Dundas St.) – Driving instructions and Map below*
The OSA Doubles Tournament will be held in Blackstock July 17, 18, 19 2012. Tournament fee is $10. OSA membership is $5 unless previously registered for 2012. No lunch available this year. RV parking is available beside the shuffleboard courts – no hookup.
The OSA Annual General Meeting is also scheduled on Tuesday evening, 5 PM at the shuffling location.
Recommended accommodations: (A) Super 8 Motel (519) 421-4588. (B) new Microtel (519) 537-2320. Both are shown on the map below, and are near Hwy. 401 exit# 232 (Norwich Ave.), about 10 minutes from the Woodstock Fairgrounds.
For further information contact: Henry Van Dorp (519) 539-5402.
* Driving Instructions to Fairgrounds from Highway 401, Exit 232 (Both the Super-8 and Microtel are nearby):
– Go North on Norwich Ave./County Rd. 59. for 2.3 km. (Veer Left as Norwich becomes Cedar St., and cross the RR tracks, veering Right as Cedar becomes Wilson St.)
– Turn Right (E.) onto Dundas St./Hwy. 2 for 750 m.
– Turn Left (N.) onto McKenzie Ave. for 90 m.
– Go straight (N.) across Nellis Street, and drive through the gate into the Fairgrounds, and to the first building ahead on your left.
Click map to enlarge.