While Woodstock is not actually a shuffleboard club, it is traditionally where we hold one of our tournaments each year. There is a great facility there at the Fairgrounds, which is made available to us thanks to the marvellous generosity of Henry and Leny Van Dorp.
WOODSTOCK O.S.A. ANY DOUBLES Tournament
Woodstock Fairgrounds, – 851 Nellis St., just off Hwy. #2 (Dundas St.) – Driving instructions and Map below*
The OSA Doubles Tournament will be held in Blackstock July 17, 18, 19 2012. Tournament fee is $10. OSA membership is $5 unless previously registered for 2012. No lunch available this year. RV parking is available beside the shuffleboard courts – no hookup.
The OSA Annual General Meeting is also scheduled on Tuesday evening, 5 PM at the shuffling location.
Recommended accommodations: (A) Super 8 Motel (519) 421-4588. (B) new Microtel (519) 537-2320. Both are shown on the map below, and are near Hwy. 401 exit# 232 (Norwich Ave.), about 10 minutes from the Woodstock Fairgrounds.
For further information contact: Henry Van Dorp (519) 539-5402.
* Driving Instructions to Fairgrounds from Highway 401, Exit 232 (Both the Super-8 and Microtel are nearby):
– Go North on Norwich Ave./County Rd. 59. for 2.3 km. (Veer Left as Norwich becomes Cedar St., and cross the RR tracks, veering Right as Cedar becomes Wilson St.)
– Turn Right (E.) onto Dundas St./Hwy. 2 for 750 m.
– Turn Left (N.) onto McKenzie Ave. for 90 m.
– Go straight (N.) across Nellis Street, and drive through the gate into the Fairgrounds, and to the first building ahead on your left.
Click map to enlarge.
Unfortunately the Van Dorps can no longer sponsor a tournament at Woodstock. We appreciate our past enjoyment at Woodstock, but the July 2012 tournament was the last.
Great that the VanDorp’s have done this all these years. Am disappointed that only the pro results are listed and not the amateurs. Do we not count? Ann D.
Hi Ann – I think the AM results are posted separately – I will have a look for you.
Ann – AMs and Pros (Open) are posted together – see https://shuffleon.org/2012/07/20/results-of-woodstock-osa-doubles-tournament/
Cheers, Bill B.